Summer is quickly becoming one of my favorite seasons. Sometimes in Colorado it seems like we have seven and a half months of winter a few weeks of spring, a few months of summer, a few weeks of autumn, then right back to winter. Yesterday felt so good at seventy four degrees.
Summer does have a wicked tendency to come and go before you can get your tan lines straightened out. Along with our shop we do farmer’s markets and now Doug has a 9-5 job too. We watch the baby, I am writing a novel, and we have three garden plots, and…well, we need to make a list of what we really want to do.
I am a notorious list maker. If I don’t make a list of the things we want to do this summer then we shall miss it.
So far we have seen a bluegrass concert at Red Rocks. I have read a good book, The Excellent Lombards, by Jane Hamilton. I have a beautiful garden started.
- Go to pool one morning a week.
- Take Maryjane to the carnival next week.
- Take Maryjane to rodeo next week.
- Go hiking on a trail we have never been on.
- Ride bike as far down the trail as I can go.
- Read three great books.
- Dance under the full moon of the summer solstice.
- Order lemonade at the county fair.
- Drink coffee on the balcony every morning.
- Go to the mountains and picnic by a stream at least once this summer.
I would like to add road trips and vacations and time in hammocks and bonfires but time, especially summertime, is elusive. But we will do all we can to soak up each beautiful warm moment.
Tell me, what do you want to do this summer?