We all have a purpose. There is not just one purpose but many interwoven with each other through time. You are not just a mom, a wife, a farmer, a nurse, or a teacher. You are a spiritual and feeling being and a human with desires and passions. Identifying those passions that you have right now (passions change as you complete your paths) will help you find what will bring you the most joy.
It may be a career, or learning a new skill, it may be a profound change in yourself or your family for the better, whatever it is, it will create ripple effects throughout the world and space because everything that you do that is positive and with passion will grow and inspire others and will help you do what you are here to learn and experience. Your dreams are not coincidental or fanciful or elusive. If you have that desire now, it is for a reason.
Quiz time! Grab a piece of paper (or a journal because this may the beginning of your journey!) and let us begin to piece it all together.
1. In your ideal life when you wake up in the morning where are you? Hawaii? South Dakota? Italy?
On a farm? In the city? In a cozy home? Be detailed. Even if you think it is impossible. Be exact.
2. In your ideal life who is there with you? Be honest. Are you happy in your relationships? Are there things that need to be addressed? Who are the people that you love most and that make your life beautiful and fulfilling?
3. In your ideal life, when you first wake up, what are you doing? What is your role? Are you a writer? A farmer? A traveler? A doctor? What do people come to you for?
4. Picture yourself in your mind’s eye. What do you look like? What do you want to look like?
5. Name all of the things you have interest in right now, no matter how small. Gardening, running a bed and breakfast, starting a sanctuary, going back to school, opening a restaurant, learning yoga, getting rid of clutter, losing weight, writing a book, getting a dog….write down everything! They may not seem related but upon further analysis you may see that they are all related!
6. What are you best at? What do people come to you for or say that you are the best at? Does that thing bring you joy?
7. Name twenty blessings in your life right now. Name five things you would like to see morph into something better.
Now go back and answer questions 1-3 in present tense. How things are now. Compare them to your ideal life.
Really study what you do, where you want to be, who you want to be with, what your passions and interests are, how you want to be seen, what your life does and could look like. You may love your life and that is great but we are always moving and morphing and our path keeps winding so to have a fresh perspective on what we want to do, where we want to be, and what we want to experience in this lifetime are important. Keep learning, keep dreaming, be your best self, don’t become complacent or hopeless, move bravely down the path of your passion!
What did you discover?