How ironic is it that we have to save up money to become backwoods homesteaders living below the poverty line?
It almost makes me laugh. Almost.
Ah, to keep my mind off of eternal questions like that I read.
What are your favorite books? Here is a list of some of my favorite reads. I would love to hear yours.
- Made From Scratch; Discovering the Pleasures of a Homemade Life by Jenna Woginrich started me on this journey.
- Followed by Barnheart; The Incurable Longing for a Farm of One’s Own again by Jenna Woginrich
- And her latest- One Woman Farm; My Life Shared with Sheep, Pigs, Chickens, Goats, and a Fine Fiddle.
- A Diary of Dixie by Mary Boykin Chestnut are her true memoirs written in the midst of the Civil War. Fascinating!
- Medicine of the Cherokee by J.T. Garrett is filled with stories, history, and wisdom.
- The Good,Good Pig; The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood by Sy Montgomery was heartwarming and fun.
- The Little House books by Laura Ingalls are a wealth of homesteader knowledge.
- Poetry by Robert Frost, Maya Angelo, and Mary Oliver…
There are so many more I have loved and enjoyed….share with all of us your favorites! Winter is the time to catch up on reading and planning.