There are no laws saying that one can’t lose their farm in June. It seems that one should be able to move in winter so to avoid missing even one precious day of the growing season, but that is not always the case. Our plans, goals, and dreams could be coming together in one incredibly synchronized song only to have the universe shake things up a bit. Nothing is permanent. Death, job loss, or home loss could change everything. Or a letter. We lost our home and our job in one swift typing of words. One couple had the power to crush what we were building.
We took a risk and spent almost all of our money on the wood stove so we wouldn’t freeze again this winter, and in advertising to build this farm and homestead. We have school groups scheduled, classes filling up, events that folks are excited about. I felt like this was really going to work. But I should know that even if you manifest something it doesn’t mean that it is a given to stay. Nothing is permanent.
I knew something was coming. There have been many signs that a farm and family here is not what they had envisioned after all. By simply doubling the rent, they made a fine statement. It is their property and they have the right to do so. We could get desperate or angry. We could panic. We could feel like martyrs in the great world of small farmers trying to make it. But, then we wouldn’t see the opportunities that the universe is obviously bringing forth. Nature provides everything we need. I am not afraid.
These are the possible scenarios and choices that we have:
1. If anyone could change someone’s mind, it’s Doug. He is the most well-liked person I know. Everyone loves Doug. He wrote a letter back. I, personally, cannot see it changing their minds, but you never know. Well, I kind of know.
2. We miraculously (which is our middle names sometimes) find a farm this very week and get the gardens moved, get moved, and classes just get moved.
3. We find that piece of property someone will let us homestead, finance a shed and move on in.
4. We update our resumes, give up on all this simple living, and head back to suburbia and jobs. Or jail. You may as well send us to jail.
5. We sell everything we own. Head out driving across the country. Travel like we always wanted to do. Go visit friends, family, fellow bloggers, and farms along the way. We will document life on small farms across this beautiful country on our blog. See how other people live. Meet new friends, get inspired, find out what our next move is, write, be a couple, see the stars.
If the universe sent in a strong ripple that upset your entire life, lifestyle, plans, goals, and dreams, what would be your next move? Would you be brave and pursue something that could really impact your life? Or would you play it safe? What would you do?