We are geared up to hit the farmer’s market today. We have orders, and vegetables, and customers to meet today. I have been moving at the speed of light all summer, with to-do lists that would take three days if I looked at them realistically! I woke up gearing to go.
Doug was up all night coughing, fever, not a happy hubby. We are not doing the market today. This throws a wrench in my everyday momentum. But….what will I do? I already did the canning and laundry and house cleaning.
Gasp! Is it possible that we are getting a day off? I wouldn’t know what to do! I better make a to-do list anyway just to keep myself from pacing like a caged animal.
1. Drink more coffee
2. Sit on porch and feel sun on my face
3. Drink some spiced chai tea
4. Read a book (currently reading The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond)
5. Make homemade pasta
6. Walk aimlessly around the gardens and see what is left to harvest
7. Pour a glass of wine
8. Read a magazine
9. Read a cookbook (maybe pour another glass of wine)
10. If I am really bored, I could do a couple of loads of laundry and can more beans but I am going to try really hard to do nothing today!
…Maybe I will go for a hike. It’s a beautiful day to do nothing.